DS E-TENSE (ALL-ELECTRIC AND PHEV) CUSTOMERS BENEFIT FROM WIDEST UK CHARGING OPTIONS AND LOW TAXATION
- DS Automobiles offers its entire model range with a choice of electrified E-TENSE, Petrol or Diesel models
- DS customers benefit from 6-month’s free subscription to Polar Plus for largest-public charging network
- All DS E-TENSE vehicles are supplied with two electric cables (for 7kW AC and 3-pin 13amp DC)
- DS E-TENSE customers can have a home or workplace charge point discounted by OLEV grants are also currently available with DS E-TENSE customers in February and March entitled to receive a free home wall box charging unit
- E-TENSE is the signature of the Electrified models – with an all-electric DS 3 CROSSBACK E-TENSE and PHEV DS 7 CROSSBACK E-TENSE 4x4 - now available at DS Retailers
Public Charging – with Polar Plus
- All DS customers buying a new BEV (Battery Electric Vehicle) or PHEV (Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle) can benefit from 6-months free subscription to Polar Plus - the UKs largest public charging network
- Polar has the largest network of publically available electric vehicle charge points across the UK, with more than 7,000 points (Dec 2019) and growing
- In addition to 7kW AC charging points on street and car parks nationwide, Polar is rolling out 150kW DC rapid chargers compatible with all DS E-TENSE vehicles (to obtain 0-80% charge in around 30 minutes)
- These charge points are easy to access through an RFID card or key fob, with 24/7 customer support
How does it work?
- A Polar card is available from any DS retailer, or by subscribing on https://polar-network.com/sign-up/, using the car’s VIN (Vehicle Identification number) in the ‘promo code’ field
- Once your subscription is confirmed, as a DS customer the first 6-months are free (rather than the 3-month offer on the website)
- As a subscriber, many charging points are completely free to use (approx. 65% of them). At payable points, you simply pay per kWh of electricity used: from 12p for standard charging and – is for this reason subscription card information is necessary
- Following the 6-month free subscription, a £7.85/M subscription charge is applied. There is also the option to use Polar charge points on a ‘pay-as-you-go’ basis through Polar Instant – paying a connection fee each time, as well as for the electricity used
*This is a free promotional offer available to customers of DS, but all subscriptions are directly with Chargemaster Limited and subject to the Terms and Conditions (found in more detail on the polar-network.com website).
Drawing intelligence and accelerated development from its participation in Formula E – the city-located all-electric race series that culminated in DS Automobiles and Jean-Eric Vergne becoming champions in 2019 - E-TENSE is DS Automobiles’ global vision for energy transition and the signature for electrified products. This new avant-garde strategy for electrification has led to the brand offering all its new models in versions that are either 100% electric or high-performance plug-in hybrid, combined with a suite of dedicated features and services.
For prospective Company Car Drivers there are many compelling aspects of DS E-TENSE cars:
- DS 3 CROSSBACK E-TENSE is the first-ever electric DS car, with deliveries starting early 2020. DS 3 CROSSBACK E-TENSE is a latest generation model with prices from £32,350 or available from £369/Month. DS 3 CROSSBACK E-TENSE is a Premium Compact SUV and this BEV has a potential range of 200 miles (certified on the WLTP drive cycle).
- DS 7 CROSSBACK E-TENSE 4x4 is the first Premium SUV PHEV (Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle) - with a 36 mile zero-emissions mode range (WLTP drive cycle), also combined with 300hp power output and four-wheel drive with prices from £47,725 or available from £599/Month.
- Access the Polar charging network with the first six months of 2020 is free.
- Both cars were designed without compromising the occupant and boot space, while also continuing to offer a similar range of trim level choices and excellent driving capabilities.
DS Automobiles is the first premium car manufacturer to offer both a Premium Compact SUV BEV (Battery Electric Vehicle) with DS 3 CROSSBACK E-TENSE and a Premium SUV petrol PHEV (Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle) with DS 7 CROSSBACK E-TENSE 4x4. Both models are available to order, with deliveries from the beginning of 2020, provide tax advantages for company car drivers due to revised changes in Benefit-In-Kind (BiK) taxation. The BiK tax changes apply to cars registered in the current 2019/20 tax year, with further benefits for cars registered in the 2020/21 tax year, beginning 6 April 2020.
Under the planned changes, the rate of BIK tax is set to reduce for PHEV and BEV models, to encourage take up of LEVs (Low Emission and zero-emission Vehicles). BiK tax rates for these models are categorised by their declared CO2 emissions and the car’s electric-only range. DS 7 CROSSBACK E-TENSE 4x4 PHEV, supplementary to the existing range of petrol and diesel models, is a prime example with CO2 emissions from just 33g/km (WLTP test regime), with an all-electric range of up to 36 miles on a full charge.
For the current 2019/20 tax year, the BiK tax rate on DS 7 CROSSBACK E-TENSE 4x4 PHEV would be 16 per cent, falling to 12 per cent in 2020/21 and staying at the same rate for the 2021/22 and 2022/23 tax years.
Under the planned changes for April 2020, the BIK tax rates start even lower. From 6 April 2020 DS 7 CROSSBACK E-TENSE 4x4 PHEV reduces further to a BIK tax rate of 10 percent in the 2020/21 tax year, 11 percent in the 2021/22 tax year and 12 percent in the 2022/23 tax year.
For company car drivers choosing the DS 3 CROSSBACK E-TENSE (BEV), since business drivers of zero-emission cars registered in the current tax year, the BIK tax rate is set to fall from the current 16 per cent to zero percent from 6 April 2020, one percent in 2021/22 and two percent in 2022/23.
DS Automobiles has a partnership with Pod Point - the exclusive supplier of electric vehicle charge points. Pod Point are the official charge point supplier and recipients get a DS branded charging point. Grant funding is currently available for the first-time installation of home and workplace charge points. All DS products is supplied with two cables – one for domestic power sockets is for when the recommended accelerated charging solution is not available or convenient. This accelerated charge cable can use the 7kW charge point or be rapid charged to 80 per cent of battery capacity in around half an hour.
All DS E-TENSE PHEV and BEV models qualify for the London Congestion Charging Cleaner Vehicle Discount, gaining exemption from the London Congestion Charge.
Alain Descat, Managing Director at DS Automobiles in the UK, commented: “As the taxation incentives reduce to increase the appeal of electrified vehicles, DS is extremely well-placed with new and competitive products that offer premium-features of appeal, yet remain highly-efficient.
Haute Couture is Electric.”
For further information about DS Business Sales go to https://dsautomobiles.co.uk/ business-offers
ABOUT DS AUTOMOBILES
Driven by the avant-garde spirit and backed by the exceptional heritage of the 1955 DS, DS Automobiles, launched in 2015, aims to embody French luxury savoir-faire in the automotive industry.
DS Automobiles is Groupe PSA's Premium brand.
Designed for customers seeking personal expression and eager for the latest technologies, the second-generation DS models combine refinement and advanced technology. With DS 7 CROSSBACK and DS 3 CROSSBACK Premium SUVs, the DS brand plans for a range of six worldwide vehicles, all offered with electrified versions under the E-TENSE signature.
For its demanding customers, DS Automobiles has created ‘ONLY YOU, the DS experience’, with its exclusive service program for a unique brand experience.
Present in 32 countries, the DS brand has created and is developing an exclusive distribution network that includes DS STORES and DS SALONS throughout the world.
Follow all DS news on www.DSautomobiles.com @DS_Official
KEVIN JONES – Head of Communications
02476 884215 / 07880 786596 / email@example.com
CRAIG MORROW – Press Fleet Officer
02476 884261 / 07747 764745 / firstname.lastname@example.org
JEREMY TOWNSEND – Communications Director
07827 896480 / email@example.com
UK PRESS WEBSITE: http://uk-media.dsautomobiles.com
For more information about DS Automobiles, please visit www.DSautomobiles.co.uk
DS Automobiles UK has a presence on the following Social channels:
TWITTER AT: www.twitter.com/ds_uk_official
FACEBOOK AT: www.facebook.com/dsukofficial
INSTAGRAM AT: www.instagram.com/ds_uk
LINKEDIN AT: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ds-uk