DS AT THE 2016 GENEVA MOTOR SHOW: TECHNOLOGICAL, REFINED, DYNAMIC & DISTINGUISHED
DS E-TENSE, NEW DS 3 PERFORMANCE, NEW DS 3 PERFORMANCE BRM CHRONOGRAPHES and DS Virtual Vision, these are the world premieres that embody the DS brand’s spirit of avant-garde at the 86th Geneva International Motor Show. DS Automobiles was launched just a year ago at last year’s Geneva Motor Show. This year the brand is presenting a completely renewed product range and its new creations.
Technology & refinement, dynamic performance & distinction are the key themes that point to the future of DS. Visitors can discover all this for themselves on the DS stand located in Hall 6 of the Palexpo in Geneva until Sunday, 13 March 2016.
DS Automobiles continues its spirit of avant-garde approach at this year’s Geneva International Motor Show with three global debuts including the DS E-TENSE, a unique all-electric GT car that embodies the brand’s future, mixing luxury, cutting-edge technology and high-end performance.
NEW DS 3 PERFORMANCE, both as hatchback and Cabrio, and a limited edition NEW DS 3 PERFORMANCE B.R.M CHRONOGRAPHES - the result of a partnership between DS and French luxury watchmaker B.R.M Chronographes - will also be shown for the first time at the show.
Shining a spotlight on DS Automobiles commitment to future technologies, as well as its sporting aspirations, the FIA Formula E race-winning car, the DSV-01, joins a total of 10 models on the DS Automobiles stand.
A world first in virtual reality, DS Virtual Vision will provide visitors with an unprecedented immersive 3D guided tour of New DS 3. Wearing an HTC Vive headset, guests will operate a joystick to discover the extensive personalisation capabilities of this car.
A COMPLETELY RENEWED DS PRODUCT RANGE
The flagship New DS 5 launched the DS brand identity at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show. With its avant-garde style, dynamic performance, refinement, attention to detail and array of advanced technologies, New DS 5 perfectly characterises the DS Automobiles brand.
A year on and these attributes shine through in all the models making up the DS product range today: New DS 3, New DS 3 Cabrio, New DS 4, New DS 4 Crossback and New DS 5:
- Avant-garde design. All the models feature the new DS front end, with its vertical hexagonal grille, around which the ‘DS Wings’ signature sits. The chrome surround extends outwards toward the headlights, as well as the fog lamps on New DS 3 and DS 3 Cabrio. The effect is heightened by the DS LED Vision light signature, which combines LED and Xenon technologies, along with new scrolling indicators.
- Each DS has its own distinctive features, making each model instantly recognisable. New DS 5, for example, has its sleek chrome sabres running from the tips of the headlights up to the windscreen; New DS 4 has its unique, fluid, sculpted lines and a two-tone body/roof colour combinations; New DS 4 Crossback has its rugged go-anywhere styling features; and New DS 3 has its floating roof and shark fins.
- Advanced technologies. All of today’s DS models are connected; featuring on-board touchscreens with the Mirror Screen function for safe on-the-move use of smartphone applications (iOS or Android). A recent addition on New DS 5 is the DS Connect Nav system: 3D connected real-time satellite navigation for a driving experience at the forefront of modern technology.
- Powerful, efficient engines are another important aspect of DS advanced technology. As well as offering ready access to all the torque the driver needs, they also positively manage CO2 emissions. Highlights include the PureTech 130 (an Engine of the Year 2015 winner), which delivers torque of 230Nm, for CO2 emissions as low as 119g/km on New DS 4 in the UK; the BlueHDi 180 EAT6, with 400Nm of torque and CO2 emissions of just 114g/km on New DS 5; plus the New DS 5 Hybrid 4x4, with peak power of 200hp and just 103g/km of CO2.
- The latest-generation EAT6 automatic transmission, available on all models in the DS range, reduces gearshift times by 40%, for an exceptionally smooth drive.
- The DS LED Vision light signature, which combines LED and Xenon technologies, produces 50% more light and reduces energy consumption by 50% in dipped mode and 67% on main beam.
- Refinement and attention to detail. DS Automobiles takes pride in fine craftsmanship and unique styling. This is apparent in the exclusive watchstrap-style DS leather upholstery, which takes no less than eight hours of manual work to complete.
- The attention to detail continues with the subtle brand identification touches such as wing mirrors engraved with the DS monogram on some models, or the aluminium trims on the New DS 5s doors.
- Highly responsive ride. The suspension and steering on New DS 4 and New DS 4 Crossback were fine-tuned to accommodate the new vehicle heights and to further enhance the DS 4s ride quality. The New DS 5’s shock absorbers have been updated and now feature PLV (Preloaded Linear Valve) technology for a smoother, quieter ride. There are important upgrades on New DS 3 too. For example, with New DS 3 Cabrio, the electric roof can be operated at motorway speeds and provides enhanced acoustic comfort.
DS E-TENSE, WORLD PREMIERE, A UNIQUE, ELECTRFIYNG, HIGH-PERFORMANCE CAR FOR THE FUTURE
DS Automobiles signals its intentions with the show-stopping DS E-TENSE all-electric GT.
The high-performance model brings together state-of-the-art technology and avant-garde design to silently deliver an impressive 516Nm of torque and 402hp – all with zero emissions.
DS E-TENSE perfectly encapsulates the brand’s stylistic and technological vision, pointing towards the DS brand’s future with its high-performance electric powertrain.
WORLD PREMIERE FOR NEW DS 3 PERFORMANCE & DS 3 CABRIO PERFORMANCE
Making their world premiere, the brand new high-performance versions of New DS 3 - DS 3 PERFORMANCE and DS 3 CABRIO PERFORMANCE - deliver an outstanding blend of efficiency, comfort, driveability and intense motoring pleasure, along with distinguished looks.
Developed by the DS Performance motorsport division, both variants produce 208hp, 300Nm of torque and CO2 emissions of just 125g/km. The 1.6 THP S&S engine is mated to a specially modified six-speed manual gearbox with a Torsen® differential, for an exceptional drive and outstanding road holding.
NEW DS 3 PERFORMANCE sits 15mm lower, the front and rear tracks have been widened by 26mm and 14mm respectively, and the brake disks measure 323mm at the front (with special calipers) and 249mm at the rear; all combine to deliver exceptional agility.
The design teams were equally attentive to the sporting style of NEW DS 3 PERFORMANCE with dual tailpipes, wide-wings, black diamond-cut 18-inch alloy wheels and gloss black front brake calipers. The interior continues this dynamic theme, with bucket seats and specific instrumentation.
In addition, the visually arresting ‘PERFORMANCE BLACK’ versions see DS take sports-oriented refinement to new heights, with a black body, featuring carbon side trims and a gloss gold roof (on the hatchback). The interior design echoes the smart exterior, with a gold dashboard and gearstick base, and a wealth of additional comfort and safety equipment.
NEW DS 3 PERFORMANCE BRM EVOKES LUXURY & PERFORMANCE – 39 LIMITED EDITION VEHICLES AVAILABLE
Embodying style, refinement, luxury and performance, New DS 3 gives even greater meaning to all these adjectives, without forgetting the key factor underpinning its success: personalisation.
To celebrate, DS Automobiles has partnered with the French luxury watchmaking sector, B.R.M Chronographes, to create an exclusive run just 39 models for the ultimate in premium personalisation.
Based on the dynamic 1.6-litre THP S&S 208hp NEW DS 3 PERFORMANCE, DS 3 PERFORMANCE B.R.M CHRONOGRAPHES features roof and door mirror housings in Brilliant Black and Gold Pearl matt bodywork. The interior reflects the brand’s attention to detail with a Gold Pearl dashboard, carbon pack and a numbered aluminium plate.
Each of the 39 customers will receive a numbered copy of the ‘BRM V6 44 SA SQ DS 3 PERFORMANCE’ watch, with specially personalised details such as hands in the same colour as the bodywork, the DS pattern on the winder and more.
‘B.R.M V6 44 SA SQ DS 3 PERFORMANCE’ watch - technical characteristics
Casing: stainless steel PVD with springs
Lugs and pushers: black PVD 18/8 stainless steel
Double face sapphire crystal
Screws: finest stainless steel
Dial: black 12-hour
Hands: gold super light
Strap: black leather with holes
Water resistance: 100m
Automatic movement: precitime
DS VIRTUAL VISION, AN IMMERSIVE 3D EXPERIENCE ALL ABOUT NEW DS 3
As well as discovering New DS 3 on the DS Automobiles stand in Geneva, visitors will be able to experience a unique 3D experience - DS Virtual Vision.
Wearing an HTC Vive headset, they can operate a joystick to control an interactive experience, giving an overview of the 3 million possible customisation possibilities available on New DS 3. They will have the ability to walk right round the car, open and close the front doors, and even take a seat inside.
This fully immersive 3D experience uses ‘Virtual Garage’ technology developed by Dassault Systèmes and making a world debut appearance with DS Automobiles.
DS AUTOMOBILES EXHIBITION (Hall 6 - Palexpo)
Unique car: DS E-TENSE
Performance Area: NEW DS 3 PERFORMANCE B.R.M CHRONOGRAPHES, NEW DS 3 PERFORMANCE, NEW DS 3 CABRIO PERFORMANCE and the DSV- 01 Formula E racecar
Actual product range area: New DS 3 (PureTech 130), New DS 3 CABRIO (PureTech 110), New DS 4 (BlueHDi 150), New DS 4 CROSSBACK (BlueHDi 180), New DS 5 (Hybrid 4x4)
Also exhibited: the 1.6 THP S&S engine of New DS 3 PERFORMANCE
“Know-how” zone, upholstery workshop
Mirror Screen connectivity demonstrations
DS Connect Nav (connected satellite navigation system available on New DS 5) demonstrations
DS Virtual Vision, 3D experience
FOLLOW DS ON TWITTER AT: www.twitter.com/ds_uk_official
FIND DS ON FACEBOOK AT: www.facebook.com/dsukofficial
FOLLOW DS ON INSTAGRAM AT: www.instagram.com/ds_uk
About DS Automobiles
A French brand born in Paris, DS Automobiles was officially founded on 1 June 2014. Its stated ambition is to revive the tradition of premium vehicles in the French automotive industry. Drawing on the very best of French know-how, DS Automobiles perpetuates the values of innovation and distinction inherited from the first DS, launched in 1955. Designed for customers looking for a means to express themselves as individuals, the DS range now comprises DS 3, DS 3 Cabrio, New DS 4 and DS 4 Crossback, New DS 5, DS 5LS* and DS 6*. The DS range stands out with exceptional styling, sensations and refinement down to the last detail, together with premium materials and advanced technology such as the Hybrid4x4 hybrid diesel drive train available on New DS 5. Marketed in Europe in DS Stores and dedicated showroom areas in the CITROËN network, DS has its own network of sales outlets in China. For customers, DS has come to represent a brand experience that goes beyond the product to include a range of exclusive premium services. The brand has sold more than 600,000 vehicles since launch. www.DSautomobiles.co.uk. Follow the latest DS news via @DS_UK_Official. *Available in China only